Nissan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
MAGUS1 said:
Blitz, I have a 2003 Altima, and I had put 19's on it, but the rain in San Francisco put a million pot holes out there and as a result my rims got tore up, I went back to the originals until I get some new ones. My question is how much meat can I put on my tires if I get 19's again, and how much meat for 18's..... this is where I am thinking that this might be a better bet to help me deal with the pot holes that will pop up from time to time.....and when say meat I mean the width from the tire to the rim as I drive down the road. Thanks for the Advice.
=M=
you want to try to keep the same diameter as the stock tires which is 26.3". You can go alittle taller, but not taller then 27". I currently have 245/40/19 which are 26.7" that's a sidewall height of 3.9".
Use the tire calculator to get tire diameters
http://www.powerdog.com/tiresize.cgi

·
Registered
19 Posts
m interested in getting some new wheels,

Size: 17"x7"

Offset: +40mm,
and i was going to go with a 225/50/17
would that work, i really dont understand the whole offset thing. with the whole "+" thing.

Size: 18"x7.5"

Offset: +42mm
with 225/45/18.... would both those setups work??? im still deciding if i want 17 or 18's

i dont know really about offset info. i really do not completly understand what it all means.

id like to know the stock offset for the 6 spoke 3.5 se rims if anyone knows!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Let me try to explain OFF SET. Take a rim 7"wide. The center if the rim would be Zero, no OFF SET. That means you have 3.5" of rim on each side of the center. If you move the mounting hub of the rim outward away from center that would be (+). If you moved the hub inward that would be (-). So moving the hub +42mm of the rim outward from center which is about 1 5/8" you now have 1 7/8" on the outer side of center and 5 1/8" on the inward side of center.

From my own measuring I figure you can safely go 5 3/4" of inset from center on the 3rd gen Altima. You could go 6" depending on the tire size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
have 93 altima with p205/60/r15 tires. Very difficult to come by at decent prices. Plz recommend change to a more common size that will not affect overall performance. Thanks a bunch for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I am a newbie to Nissan Forums. I was wondering if I could put some 20" Davin SS2 on my Altima? I am a newbie and I was having trouble finding information about this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a much better calculator... much easier to use than the ones previously posted.
Tire size calculator
This shows you your stock tire with an overlay of the new tire size, with the diameters and circumferences. Much easier to fit a new size to your car.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts