Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
air cylinders sound so cool.. basically replacing the strut and spring with air.... fast action and made of strong metal.

has anyone considered it. I know I have and still am.

just somthing to think about.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Wouldn't work. Ask anyone that has an air spring/shock on their mountain bike. They are a bitch to tune properly and air is a bad shock media becaus it compresses before it flows. You would have a very springy ride on your car, even if you could get it to work properly.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not a spring shock combo though there air cylenders that replace the strut and spring made for all mcpherson stut assembled cars.... i dunno they seem kinda nifty but who knows

·
Registered
236 Posts
i'm not much into show cars either, but having bagged suspension looks bad as hell in person. don't know about classics, but there are several b14's on the sr20 forum with bags. i wanna ride in one tho, to see how comfortable the ride is. the price ffor that stuff is insane too.

P

·
0 Posts
What's the deal with "it's made of strong metal". Is this compared to ones made with "weak metal".

What in the conventional Macpherson strut setup is not "strong metal". What in the conventional Mac strut setup is not fast?

How do you maintain air pressure or does your car just lower itself like a low rider when you turn it off?

How does anything move without live seals that can leak, tear, cause stiction?

I think someone is snowballing you with pseudo facts.

Just something to think about

Dropped89 said:
air cylinders sound so cool.. basically replacing the strut and spring with air.... fast action and made of strong metal.

has anyone considered it. I know I have and still am.

just somthing to think about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
been thinking about it

about 99 percent of the premade stuff (BOLT ON) usally comes from aim industies the other day i found out that i live 2 miles away from them so i could go and get the stuff from them NO shipping yeah. i was considering air struts they have them pole of the strut going thru the bag thats mounted on it and have a pillow ball mount on the top so the bag does not twist when you turn . the rods are more suited for the rear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts