Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I have heard that gaz mixed with less then 10% ethanol is great for the environment and most important, cleans your engines, acting like the regular injector cleaners we buy minus the soap additives. I have been using ethanol gaz in my sentra 94 and I feel that the engine has been running smoother, and I am saving on gaz.

The reason I am writing this, is because I heard that in the long run, ethanol mixed gazoline can damage the pistons because it runs hotter then regular fuel..is this true? I know that F1 race cares use ethanol based gaz, and that ethanol gaz acts like a 94 octane...in my opinion, no harm should be done...

Any old timers are ready to shed some light on that?

with thanks buds
MV

·
Registered
330 Posts
I know of people using methanol as octane booster. Ethonol is a litle bit hevyer. So it should work too. But alcohol has a lower energy per liter value then gasoline. And it burns hotter. This is the cleaning effect. It burns out the doposites. I would say as long the mixing ratio of gasoline/ethanol is ok and you are not running lean and ethanol your engine should be safe.

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
Irrelevant posts deleted. Do not post unless you have something of value to contribute.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the deal Guys, I checked with Nissan Canada, and the Canadian Gvmt, as far as Ethanol gas, and they both informed me of the following facts:
1- If mixed to reg gas at a rate below 10%, because it runs hotter then reg gasoline, it will create a hotter burn and run smoother
2- It will clean the injectors as it contains alcohol
3- Some have noticed that fuel consumption is better(I did on my car)
4- And it is good for the environment

Some side effects:
1- Long term: because it runs hotter then reg fuel, it will burn the pistons(since the explosion happens on top of the pistons)
2- You will hear an engine knock
3- Your "check engine" light will come ON eventually

Hope I was able to help a bit on this subject

p.s: Harris, thks for deleting those #@#$! unecessary threads :thumbup: , some people are just idiots and waste other people's time

MV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts