Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I was looking around for the backup light wire yesterday... Today when I go to start the truck, nothing happens... it cranks but it seems like it is out of fuel (which i know is not the case). so I start playing with stuff and it seems A BUNCH of electricals are out. everything in the back lights (rev, turn, rear signals), my driver's side auto seats, the elec gas cap release, the rear window release, rear drivers window. maybe some other stuff. it seems like i totally disconnected a line or something. I checked all the fuses, they all seem to be ok. I am not sure what the hell is going on here....... PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
wire harness?

not the expert here, but is it possible that you upset or undid a wire harness? With so many different things not working, it almost sounds like it could be a wire harness. Just because the fuses look good, doesn't mean there is power before or after them. You need to check your fuse panel for voltage with either a DVM or test light.

It is possilbe that you undid a ground that was common to all of those features too. sounds odd, but lots of componants could share a common ground.

work back from non working thing and see if you come across the issue. I think it is something big, but only a service manual will truely help you out.

good luck.

·
3,553 Posts
What year, what model....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sooo I figured out what I did... apparently on the MAIN connector in the kick panel, the screw actually drives out the connector. So when I was messing around, I thought that the screw loosens the cover... Boy was I wrong. DAMN NEWB!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts