Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. My B14 GA16de has 86,000 miles and I need to do a full tune up on it. The car manual says one thing, and people say another. What would you guys recommend be done for this mileage?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
what i would do is the spark plugs and wire and distributor cap. oil change.

i mean 86000 miles isnt that bad as far as mileage.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Dealer says to replace the coolant, change fuel and air filter, change the spark plugs, change the oil and filter, and inspect all lines and idle rpm.
People say to do the air filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, fuel and air filter, oil and filter.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
the only difference i see is a coolant change and check the lines and idle. ummm both those things should be done. and you should check your belts and chains. make sure the tension is correct and that they're not cracked or glazed.
i cant agree more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd check if those things were bad before i went and changed them, take a spark plug out, does it look dirty or worn down? Whats the plug gap in them, what should it be? Take the distributor cap off (it's only two screws and a terminal connector), does it look really corroded?

For the coolant, test the freeze point, go buy one of those test strip kits, test the dcha (or whatever it's called) and ph level and all that.

My point is, see for yourself if it's actually in need of changing, rather than listening to some dumbass manual. I've worked at dealerships, i know some of those maintenence schedules are pretty much bs.

The only thing i'd blindly change is a fuel filter, because there's no real way to test if it's good or bad, and they're cheap anyways. Plus, a blown out fuel pump is just way too expensive and hard to change to risk it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts