Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was driving his Z and it slowly died. Got it home and discovered the fuel pump fusible link was blown. Tracked down the cause to a wire shorted to the body. Repaired the wire and insulated the body wear point. Started the car and runs fine. When I turn the key off and the car keeps running. I have to disconnect the battery or pull the ECCS relay to get it to stop. Any suggestions on the cause and what to check? Any help or suggestion greatly appreciated.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
My son was driving his Z and it slowly died. Got it home and discovered the fuel pump fusible link was blown. Tracked down the cause to a wire shorted to the body. Repaired the wire and insulated the body wear point. Started the car and runs fine. When I turn the key off and the car keeps running. I have to disconnect the battery or pull the ECCS relay to get it to stop. Any suggestions on the cause and what to check? Any help or suggestion greatly appreciated.
It's most likely the ignition relay located by the drives TB. I'd pull it out and clean the connections sometimes taping the relay works too.

Give it a try and report back?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts