Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hmmm, dilemma. Been searching forums, reading threads, next step was to post here and I will talk to some of my buds.

I have a Sentra '95 XE, GA16DE with 132,000 miles and a 3 speed auto-tran.

After much reading I have come to 3 possible outcomes.

1. Rebuild the engine/tranny , fix that up with new CAI, headers, etc.
2. Swap the engine with that of a 200SX with a 5sp manual tranny.
3. Buy a used car, and fix that one up. (another Nissan I hope)
4. Any other option you guys think would work

I am on a extremely low budget (and am currently looking for a second job to pay for all this). So the cheapest/best performance ratio is what I'm looking at. I've read the other swap threads, but could never figure out if it would just be cheaper to buy a new car with low mileage.

(currently looking at the GA16 to SR20 swap Cost thread, and that's... costly)

----
Edit: as far as price goes, I paid 15 hundred for my Sentra.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i have a 1999 nissan sentra GXE-LE sith a CAI, and an auto. (can sell for close to $3000)

in 2 weeks i will have a 1991 nissan sentra se-r with new paint, great interior, JDM highport 2.0L engine with 140 hp stock but has I/H/E bolt on's. and a rebuilt tranny for $2000.....i will be making money off of this deal :thumbup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1.6pete said:
i have a 1999 nissan sentra GXE-LE sith a CAI, and an auto. (can sell for close to $3000)

in 2 weeks i will have a 1991 nissan sentra se-r with new paint, great interior, JDM highport 2.0L engine with 140 hp stock but has I/H/E bolt on's. and a rebuilt tranny for $2000.....i will be making money off of this deal :thumbup:
Hmm, that 2g one doesnt sound bad, but I'm looking for something 95+. Thanks anyways, I'll keep it in mind.

Talked to some of my friends, one of them said he could get a SE-R engine cheap, and swap that in. So I'm thinking that is the most likely outcome ATM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts