Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.6l 200sx gets so hot sometimes that the engine prop rod is too hot to touch. Is this normal? My water temp gauge is about halfway.... I have never had a 4 cyl before (only v-6, flat-6, and v-8) and I am not sure if these engines are just naturally hotter or what the hell the deal is..... I have a 4 year 48k mile powertrain warranty... I hope nothing is damaged that this 'powertrain' warranty wouldn't cover. Any idea's/suggestions?

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
my 200sx temp gauge sits at about half high i wouldnt worry unless it goes up to about 3/4.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but what about the engine prop rod getting so hot (heat from the engine) that you cant touch it?!? That's my main concern..... is that a design flaw?

·
Registered
61 Posts
myn gets that hot too

hey theere bro hows it goin in response to your question about the prop rod. Yes mine gets that hot as well, i know cause my starter died the other day and when i went to prop the hood up the rod was hotter then heck. a few foul words escaped me that day but i wouldnt worry my car runs fine and hasnt had any heat problems.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts