Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am swaping engines on my B13 and am wondering if anyone had done it before. I will put in the 1.6....any sudggestions?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
See if you can find a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) GA16DE to put in there. It's the same engine but is built to tighter specs than the USDM GA16DE you'll be pulling out of the car, plust the JDM will have a little more HP and torque. Most JDM engines have around 30K on them. You can try calling these guys www.kwcengine.com. They've got one of the best warranties out there, 12month/12Kmile. Also check with a guy named Andreas Miko, he's down your way, he's the foremost authority on your car, and he can likely get you an engine as well as put it in for you. If you had to choose one person in the world to ever touch your car besides yourself, Andreas should be that person. While the engine you're going to be putting in, is out, replace the water pump, and all the seals and gaskets you can. Throw a timing chain on as well. Put a new clutch in if the tranny is a manual, and new driveshafts if the ones in have split boots or haven't been replaced in awhile. Replace any soft motor mounts. New belts, thermostat. 02 Sensor, rotor, dist. cap, plugs, wires. You'll have damn near a brand new engine, shouldn't need anything but regular maintenance to keep up. You'll wreck the car, sell it or it'll rust out before the engine takes a dump. If you don't mind me asking, why are you swapping out the engine in the first place?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got the car from a freind of mine who took horible care of it. He drove the engine to the limit with no oil blowing the roters and punching a hole in the block. I couldn't belive it when saw the engine. It literally has a hole in the block right under cylender 2. I am only trying to get it running again because, seeing the way he took care of it I can only imagine all the other problems with it. I was planning on getting an engine from the junkyard but I will look around and see what I can find...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts