Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 sentras which both need help I am trying to make one out of them. My question is 1 is a 1989 the other is a 1991 they are both 4 speeds will the motor in the 91 bolt up to the tranny in the 89? Not sure of the motor sizes, do know 89 is 12 valve and the 91 is a twin cam 16 valve.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
being that its basically the same block i would think so, i may be trying to get a 5 speed manual for my 89 sentra but i would only get from years 89-94 as suggested to me previously by a smarter member of this forum but even they were not sure if the 91-94 tranny would deffinetally bolt up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I could tell by searching the net they only made one kind of 4 speed tranny for those years but just wanted to be sure before tearing into it. Not looking to spend much money just want to make the two cars one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
sup the names cez and they did come in a five speed ( i have a b12 with the 5sp and a ga15 so far all i have are a simple tach , platinum 4 plugs,cat back exhaust running a 2 3/4" pipe to a 3" exhuast muffler at the end) but as far as the enginge i'm not entirely sure about it.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
the engine will bolt up to the tranny no problem there ... might be a little harder on the engine side mount taught, not so sure it will match up.... i heard from people who did the swap already that the most complicated part of it was the wiring harness/ecu swap... wont need to change the fuel pump, it can provide plenty of juice for the Ga16de.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
thats if hes putting the engine into the 89 which i think is a good idea, its lighter, and more of a sleeper if your into that type of stuff

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Slacky said:
being that its basically the same block i would think so, i may be trying to get a 5 speed manual for my 89 sentra but i would only get from years 89-94 as suggested to me previously by a smarter member of this forum but even they were not sure if the 91-94 tranny would deffinetally bolt up
Yes, a GA16DE tranny will bolt up to a GA16i engine. I have a 94 tranny on my 1990 car right now.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
sweet taht deff opens up my options for years of trannys to pick up, thanks for the positive info i want my fifth back it pops out anything over 65

1 - 8 of 8 Posts