Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V and I was wondering could the 2.5L Eng be swapped with either a 3.0L maxima eng, or a 3.5L maxima eng. just wondering??

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
it could....now for how much i dont know. it probably involves a boatload of modifications and a lotta cash. out of curiousity, why would you want to do this?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
You can't just swap the engine.

-The Max engine won't bolt up to the B15 trans, so youll need to use the Max trans or fabricate an adaptor plate.
-The front track of the Max is 60in. and the B15 is 58in, so you'll need to fabricate axles.
-The engine/trans mounts will have to be fabricated.
-Since the V6 is wider then the I4, there may be problems with the engine hitting both the firewall and the radiator.
-You will need custom exhaust manifolds and exhaust system.
-The B15 radiator may need to be upgraded to handle the additional power.
-The front springs will need to be changed to handle the extra weight of the V6 and trans.
-You will need the Max ECU and wiring harness.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are probably other things just as important.

Lew

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
lshadoff said:
You can't just swap the engine.

-The Max engine won't bolt up to the B15 trans, so youll need to use the Max trans or fabricate an adaptor plate.
-The front track of the Max is 60in. and the B15 is 58in, so you'll need to fabricate axles.
-The engine/trans mounts will have to be fabricated.
-Since the V6 is wider then the I4, there may be problems with the engine hitting both the firewall and the radiator.
-You will need custom exhaust manifolds and exhaust system.
-The B15 radiator may need to be upgraded to handle the additional power.
-The front springs will need to be changed to handle the extra weight of the V6 and trans.
-You will need the Max ECU and wiring harness.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are probably other things just as important.

Lew
My point exactly :) It can be done but it would be kinda senseless. If you are looking for more power, have you started with bolt ons to see if they suit your fancy?

·
Registered
91 Posts
wow. . . since the sentra spec V is already horrible with the weight distribution
I think it's like 60/40, correct me if i'm wrong, cuz i think i am. lmao

but i can't imagine all that extra weight in the front of that spec V it's like an extra 200-400 lbs. . . is it worth the swap? i think not !

have a nice day

:banhump:

·
Registered
91 Posts
skatehard90 said:
I think it's like 60/40, correct me if i'm wrong, cuz i think i am. lmao

QUOTE]

i'm going to correct myself . . . sorry spec V 05 is 55/45 distribution
not bad not bad

but still the extra poundage in the front will put it around 60/40

1 - 6 of 6 Posts