Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone could tell me everything that I will need to change from a ga16de to a sr20de. Is there anything else that I would have to change from that set-up to put a sr20det in there. The car is a 92. Thanks for the help.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
How many times has this been asked and answered? ;) It's cool though. I don't mind, he's not heavy, he's my brother, right?

You need, the motor (obviously), tranny, drive shafts, motor mounts, radiator hoses, engine harness, ECU with bracket and screws, MAF, PS pump and hoses and water pump (if not included with the motor). If you buy these parts, you'll spend about $1500-$2000. If your car is an auto, you'll need an SR20DE auto, so tack on another $400 maybe for the tranny. If you want a DET instead, figure $900-$1800 for the engine alone and $500 for JWT to reprogram your SR20 ECU. That's if you go with the BB top mount intercooler. Regardless what you swapped to, you'd need new exhaust, so figure about $250 for a pacesetter cat back. If you want it to handle like an SE-R, you'll need front and rear sway bars, front and rear discs, and calipers as well as rear spindles, and master cylinder. About $500-$700. I don't like to shatter dreams, but I contemplated the same things you are for about 6 months. So I drove to Minneapolis and bought an SE-R. Came home, sold my XE and am out $1600 not including tax, title, license, insurance increase, for my troubles. Saved myself about $1500, a hell of a lot of work, and I have a front air dam, fog lights, rear spoiler, sunroof, black SE interior, tach, and anything else I forgot to mention. I think it's cool when people do the swap you're wanting to do, makes for a cool sleeper, but it doesn't make economical sense. If you want a sleeper, buy an SE-R, take the -R off, and viola, you've got an SE. :) Besides, most jackasses out there don't know what an SE-R is in the first place, it's already a sleeper. Nobody's ever revved at me, they don't know what I'm driving until after I've revved at them, and walked away from them after the light changed. Shit, I used to walk on guys with my XE even. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Youre right

I was thinking the same. I was gonna make my XE look like an SE-R but then decided to sell my XE and get an SE-R hopefully in the next couple of weeks. How much did you sell your XE for and how many miles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts