Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy so I have a couple questions I’m sure everyone will enjoy to think about. I have a 97 pickup and I want to swap the motor it’s old and well I love diesel. I have been looking at a lot of motors and threads and wasn’t seeing what I was looking for. I’m looking for a diesel motor that will almost bolt right in so I can keep everything possible tranny bellhousing tcase rear everything possible. I just had to get peoples opinions and thoughts on this so how can I put a good diesel motor in my 97 pickup 2.4 5speed changing as little as possible not that I can’t do the work but I want to make the swap as fast as possible due to a couple time restraints with available work space. I have been looking at Toyota 3.0 and vw tdi nothing beats the smell and sound of a diesel imo. Much appreciated in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Anything you do is going to be custom work. Nissan supplied diesel engines to other countries for the D21, but it was a low power version. Like 50hp.
I appreciate your reply but that is not what I would like to know. I have read on other forums that a vw tdi diesel motor is close to bolting directly to a hardbody minus some modifications for mounts and adapter plate to bell housing. I would like to know if this information is correct and if so how would I be able to keep 4wheel drive and if not the tdi what other GOOD diesel is small enough and close enough to using stock Nissan parts

·
Software Developer
588 Posts
I appreciate your reply but that is not what I would like to know. I have read on other forums that a vw tdi diesel motor is close to bolting directly to a hardbody minus some modifications for mounts and adapter plate to bell housing. I would like to know if this information is correct and if so how would I be able to keep 4wheel drive and if not the tdi what other GOOD diesel is small enough and close enough to using stock Nissan parts
I've never heard of it being done, so I can't recommend anything.

Did you try asking on those forums you found this on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never heard of it being done, so I can't recommend anything.

Did you try asking on those forums you found this on?
I did try asking with no luck to a response yet it was on a Volkswagen forum and I wanted to ask fellow Nissan friends for their opinions and ideas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts