Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the engine in my 94 nissan sentra 1.6 liter died 2 weeks ago and have been trying to figure out the cheapest way to get it back on the road. could anyone out there give me some advice on where to find the cheapest crate motor or rebuild? I have heard my car can fit many kinds of engines, but i have never looked into it. also if anyone knows someone in washington state that has a motor that would fit my vehicle, being that many people are upgrading motors and there has got to be one sitting around just waiting to be used! :)
Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
you can probly find another ga in the classified cheap, or just rebuild. throwing another tpye of motor will cost bank and a lot of headache. trust me im in the middle of a 1.6 to 2.0 swap.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
what died about it, u sure u cant just get like... a new coil wire and have it start right up, whats the symptoms, what happend leading up to its death, any unusual sounds or smells

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
keeponnissanin said:
the engine in my 94 nissan sentra 1.6 liter died 2 weeks ago and have been trying to figure out the cheapest way to get it back on the road. could anyone out there give me some advice on where to find the cheapest crate motor or rebuild? I have heard my car can fit many kinds of engines, but i have never looked into it. also if anyone knows someone in washington state that has a motor that would fit my vehicle, being that many people are upgrading motors and there has got to be one sitting around just waiting to be used! :)
Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
If the motor is officially blown I'd suggest ordering a JDM motor. You can get a JDM GA16DE motor for around $450 plus shipping and they are compression tested and everything. Also they ussually have around 50k miles or less. I should know cuz I'm planning to replace mine by summer time.

Mitch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

well, the noise started as a light clicking and about an hour later it was more like a really loud tapping/ clunking noise that got even more louder and disturbing when the RPMs went up. I no nothing about my car or cars period nor have i ever worked on one before. I do however have a couple people that would be willing to put the engine in for me if I found one. I dont know, if it is just a section of the motor that went to shit or its just the whole thing. oh well, thanks for the advice, i will have to check into JDM motors and see. I got quote for a new engine/towing/ and installation for $1000 dollars. I dont know if that is a good deal or not. again thanks and let me know if anything else pops up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
keeponnissanin said:
well, the noise started as a light clicking and about an hour later it was more like a really loud tapping/ clunking noise that got even more louder and disturbing when the RPMs went up. I no nothing about my car or cars period nor have i ever worked on one before. I do however have a couple people that would be willing to put the engine in for me if I found one. I dont know, if it is just a section of the motor that went to shit or its just the whole thing. oh well, thanks for the advice, i will have to check into JDM motors and see. I got quote for a new engine/towing/ and installation for $1000 dollars. I dont know if that is a good deal or not. again thanks and let me know if anything else pops up.

1000 buc dosnt sound too bad, i heard of some peep getting charged 800-1000 just for a swap plus the cost of the engine :thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
obxstyle said:
1000 buc dosnt sound too bad, i heard of some peep getting charged 800-1000 just for a swap plus the cost of the engine :thumbup:
yeah, i found an engine for 350 in kent, my dads gonna help me put it in. should be a piece of cake. thanks guys

·
Registered
107 Posts
no kent washington.. if that dont work out i have a ga16de with 130k id give you for cheap, cause it would give me and excuse to put the sr20 in thats sitting in my garage. BTW im from washington too so you wouldn pay shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts