Nissan Forum banner

engine swap question

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  sentra97gxe 
#1 ·
I had an incedent with the gf's nx and the rod put a big hole in the block
im putting in a low km motor 1.6 and wondering is exedy a good clutch to put back in it and if not what should I be looking for in a clutch...what else should I replace at the same time..? timing belt/chain?? water pump...anything else I may not be thinking about. thanxs... :cheers:

#5 ·
i go to the local parts store like auto zone, auto parts unlimited, or advanced auto, they normally have my stuff in stock because im always in there except for yesterday i went in there... i need new outer cv bootys and they didnt have them, i was pretty displeased

#8 ·
I'm sure Steve(psulemon) will agree that while you have the motor out check the the upper and lower timing chain tensioners and guides. You don't want to fool around with them while the motor is in the car. The upper ain't too bad but the lower one, well lets just say that Steve and I didn't suceed through a whole weekend because of no space to work with. Might want to take throttle body cleaner and clean out the intake manifold and the different valves with the intake. Also check the motor mounts and make sure the motor mount inserts arent too spungy. Thats about all I can think of other what's already been mentioned.

Mitch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.