Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I need to do an engine swap on my 2002 Frontier V6 (non-SC) engine. I was reading the manual and it mentioned discharging the AC system. It would seem to me that this process is not necessary but I wanted to ask anyone who has any experience on removing Frontier engines. I would think just disconnecting the compressor and putting it on the side would be good enough. If the system really has to be discharged, then looks like I'll have to take it to a mechanic to do it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi All,
I need to do an engine swap on my 2002 Frontier V6 (non-SC) engine. I was reading the manual and it mentioned discharging the AC system. It would seem to me that this process is not necessary but I wanted to ask anyone who has any experience on removing Frontier engines. I would think just disconnecting the compressor and putting it on the side would be good enough. If the system really has to be discharged, then looks like I'll have to take it to a mechanic to do it.

Thanks.
Don't know about an engine swap on the Frontier, but there have been jobs I've done on other vehicles that the manual has called for discharging the AC and I've gotten away without doing it. If you can get everything out of the way well enough to pull the engine w/o having to open any AC lines (to the compressor, the condenser, etc.) then I don't see why you should discharge the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I will take a look and see. I really see no reason to discharge the AC system when replacing the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts