Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nissan sunny 1987
I want to swap the 1000cc genuine engine kindly suggest suitable options for family use car with great fuel average

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply
But i still confuse among GA and QG engines
Which one is best GA or QG engines and also which one easily installed

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,430 Posts
Check out this web site for opinions between the GA and QG engines:

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,549 Posts
Your Sunny would likely have a 1.0L E-series engine in it. The E-series came in displacements up to 1.6L, both with carburetor and throttle body fuel injection and a 1.5L turbo. The E16S, which has the carb, should be a very simply swap. The E16i with fuel injection would require some wiring and the ECM, plus an electric fuel pump. The GA-series engines will bolt-in and be compatible with the transmission. The GA comes in single and double camshaft configurations, with carb, throttle body or multi-point fuel injection and with or without variable intake cam timing. They are all pretty good on fuel mileage; the GA16DE would be the best for a drop-in option with the best power, but would also require the wiring harness and ECM be integrated into your vehicle along with the electric fuel pump. There are other options that would work, but would be more difficult as you would also need the transmission and axles and possible issues with the wheel hubs/steering knuckles. Those other options would be the CA16 and CA18 engines, with or without turbo, and the SR-series of engines. The QG engines would also be in that group, but I wouldn't recommend it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts