Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2.0 or ca20 and and the engine will start missing all of a sudden. It hsappens through all gears even ideling. But it dosn't do it all the time. I don't know if fuel could be the problem? The coils mabye? A relay? Just wondering if someone experianced the same problems before. New plugs, dis. cap, rotor button, fuel filter, and air filter have allready been installed. Also if its burning a little rich whats the best way the fix that hotter plugs, or an after market coil? Thanks

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
first off, it would really help if you knew for sure what motor you have. but it sounds like a timing issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 2.0 four cylinder or a ca20 (what the auto parts stores show). I noticed today that its not missing when its cold only when it gets warmed up. but still is not missing all the time. thanks

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,214 Posts
When the motor is cold, the ECU enriches the fuel mixture. After the motor warms up, the ECU leans the mixture out so you don't have a rich mixture problem.

Like Nismo said, it could be a timing problem. Also there may be vacuum leak in the intake system. Connect a vacuum gauge to the intake manifold to measure the vacuum; it should be around 20 InHg.

The fuel pressure regulator may be bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts