Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have my Nissan Pathfinder 98 Chillkoot Trail (manual transmission) and recently it started to stall, most likely when rpm drop when I stopped at sigh. After that engine stalls and I couldn't start the engine only after few minutes and I had to press the gas pedal and have the motor be in like 4-5k rpm, after that I could drive the car again.

Friend of mine suggested that I should replace the bearing in distributor (he had similar problem). After that car stall again but I couldn't crank it up. Only after few minutes it cranks and I could drive again until it stalls again. Only change is that iddle rpm is now around 1100 rpm and when I shift the gear and have my foot on clutch the rpm is 2k.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Other stuff done on the car by myself or technician while I own it are front brakes (rotors, brake pads, calipers), alternator, battery, power steering belt, alternator belt.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,821 Posts
One of the first things to do is perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site:

https://diyservicemanuals.com/. The section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

The FSM has a procedure in the EC.PDF section to diagnose and adjust the fast idle cam.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I am getting those codes P0446 Evaporative emission (EVAP) system, vent control - circuit malfunction and P0335 Crankshaft position (CKP0 sensor - circuit malfunction, which are not really helpfull with my problems. Any more suggestions?

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,821 Posts
Hi, I am getting those codes P0446 Evaporative emission (EVAP) system, vent control - circuit malfunction and P0335 Crankshaft position (CKP0 sensor - circuit malfunction, which are not really helpfull with my problems. Any more suggestions?
If you're getting those two DTCs, then they need to be fixed. Download the FSM and use it as a diagnostic guide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts