Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have finished installing SR20DE in a project car. When we start the engine after 5 sec the engine stall. Also I notice that the engine have a delay reponse when steping on the pedal. What might cause this problem?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Did you check all the vacume lines? Just a thought.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sr20de problem

Yes! I check it. I'm not sure of the MAF that I installed is correct. Does it effect the engine idling if I install the wrong MAF.

thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried to isolate the MAF???

My daughter had a boyfriend whose 91 Mitsu Eclipse did the same thing...he disconnected(unplugged for testing purposes) the wiring for his MAF and the car ran like a raped ape....his was part of the air cleaner box he also replaced with Cold Air Induction ....

Maybe this helps....???

Their are kits available to bypass the MAF or by a K/N with it already installed...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: sr20de problem

ogip20v said:
Yes! I check it. I'm not sure of the MAF that I installed is correct. Does it effect the engine idling if I install the wrong MAF.
It affects EVERYTHING.
The MAF is necessary for SR20DEs to figure out how much fuel they should supply at any condition.

Chris

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sr20de MAF

I think i have used the wrong MAF for this engine. Can I use the MAF for SR20DET (Turbo) even thou my engine was naturally aspirated?

Also what sensor should I consider to check if the car produces was smoke when at Idling?

thanks,
Remy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts