Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My current NX1600 has 210k mileage on it. I'm thinking to replace it with a NX2000 engine after it dies. Is it possible? Any other engine suggestion?

Thanks!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you want NA just go with the SR20DE motor....turbo go SR20DET.

Kyle

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kyle

Thanks for your advice. Do you know how much does it cost for engine replacement. How much more for a turbo engine compare to a regular non-turbo engine? How much horse power and torque for SR20DE and SR20DET? Do you know any good place to buy those egine?

Hope you don't mind I have so many question. I am a beginner for B-13 and wanna to learn more ;)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ic. Do you know any good books or good site talk about the engine replacement details? I probably need to know more before I can talk to my mechanic what I really want on my NX1600.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get a JDM(japan domestic market) motor for around 500ish for a NA. (aka SR20de) or get a SR20DET which cost a bit more(1200 and up prolly). N/A's are around 150 hp the turbo DET ranges depending on which model but around 210 and up.

Search Se-R.net + Sr20deforum.com for Swaps/SR20DE/SR20DET and I'm sure you can find TONS of info on what you need

Kyle

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Kyle

Thanks for your great info. It is very useful for me. I'm really appreciate your great help

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
$1400-$1700 for a SR20DET or SR20VE
$450-$500 for a JDM SR20DE
$400-$450 for a RS5F32V (SR20DE 5 speed LSD manual tranny)
$200 for driveshafts
$100 for SR20DE ECU (Get the bracket and screws as well)
$500 JWT ECU reprogramming if you do the DET engine
$100 for SR20DE, SR20VE or SR20DET engine harness
$100-$300 OEM or ACT clutch (worth doing while tranny out)
$60 new motor mounts
$??? PS pump and hoses and possibly rack and pinion
$??? New water pump (do it while the engine's out)
$??? Labor

Or just put another GA16DE back in there for maybe $400+ labor, I think you can get a JDM GA16DE for that price, but a JDM GA16VE would be the smarter move but will cost more for the engine.

Common places to get engines are www.soshinusa.com and www.jgycustoms.com

You've got a lot of homework to do before you'll be ready to do anything, or figure out that it'd save you a lot of money to just find an NX2000. :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! It seems like it is better to get a NX2000 or SE-R instead since it may not worthy it to pay a lot for the engine replacement on NX1600. Hmm, better to stay with my slow GA16DE engine once it dies. Thanks for your great information.

You mention about GA16VE engine, what's good compare to GA16DE engine? Is it easy to get it

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I don't know what they cost or where you get them, I'd guess that JGY or Soshin carries them. If they don't I'd bet Andreas Miko over at the SR20DEforum can get them. But please don't ask him questions about them, he's a busy man, you'll have to do your own homework on them. Considering the SR20VE costs almost three times what a SR20DE costs, I'd expect that a GA16VE costs three times what a GA16DE costs, but I'm making an educated guess. The GA16VE is a JDM engine that has variable valve timing, like the honda Vtechs. It's good for more base HP than a GA16DE, but you'd have to decide if the price is worth that additional HP. You'll have to find out what the HP differences between the two engines are and what would it cost you to make up that difference in a DE to make it comparable to a VE and see if buying a VE is cheaper than modifying a DE to get the same HP. You'll also likely need the engine harness for the VE to make it run in your DE powered car, and who knows about ECU, you might need one of those as well. I don't know anything about VE's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts