Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to decide if i should rebuild or buy a low mileage sr20de. which would be cheaper. also what all would i need to get for an engine rebuild. are there any rebuild kits available. about how much would a rebuild cost at most.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
why not just get another sr20 motor..and ive gotta ask, why do you want to rebuild/replace the motor

·
Registered
108 Posts
it cost me about 700 bucks to rebuild my motor. i looked around and the cheapest i could find had 180k miles and was 600 bucks. if i were you id rebuild. if you take it to a machine shop which you should they can get you all the parts you need at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
If the engine needs to be rebored, you need to find a shop with a torque plate for the SR20. If a torque plate is not used, the bores will not be round when the head is bolted to the block. Not many shops have these plates. (JWT and JGY have them, but you will have to ship the block to them).

Lew

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my reason for this is because my compression is going bad. its at about 110psi across each cylinder. i also just want to get more performance out of my engine than i already have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts