Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an engine from a 1987 sentra fit in a 92 sentra? Can I use the same equipment or will I have to change it? Thanks.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Yes, it will phisically fit, but that would be a crappy swap unless you're playing around with a CA18DE-T or something cool like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No all I want the car for is to drive around while I build my Eagle Talon. Then once the Talon is done I am going to work on the Sentra. I found a 1.6 carburated (however that is spelled) in a junk yard. I was just wondering if it would bolt up to the tranny and can I change the 1.6 carb into a 1.6 fuel injected with my existing stuff. If that makes sense.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
While it may be physically possible to use that engine in your 92 Sentra, it would be a complete waste. It has 40 less horsepower to start with and would require lots of fabrication to fit. I doubt it would bolt to the transmission. Just find a GA16DE from a 91-94 Sentra and it will be a direct replacement. For less than the amount of work required to make the E16 (87 Sentra engine) fit you could stuff a SR20DE in there, which comes with 140 horsepower stock and was factory available in 92 with the Sentra SE-R. But if it's just basic transportation the GA16DE is the best choice since that is what the car came with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts