Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, well actually yesterday, my engine completely crapped the bed on me. So I need to install a new one and because of my bad luck with the 2.5, I am looking into installing a different engine all together. So here comes my question. What engines will fit into the SE-R Spec V? Any advice or help will be great!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Generic answer: With enough time and money anything can be done.

Seriously. Throw a built QR in there and the boost the crap out of it.
Your options are very very limited to SR20 (not sure if it's been done yet), another QR25, or a VQ35 (which entails that you take it to FI-R to have it done).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your telling me.. even though this will be the third QR25 in this car, that I should still go with it??

Im not trying to sound like an a$$ but I am really sick of Nissan and their crap QR25 engine BIG TIME!! How hard would it be to install a SR20.. like what would need to change? I know the engine mounts/tranny mounts would need to be modified.. but what else? thanks for the help..

·
Registered
790 Posts
Generic answer: With enough time and money anything can be done.

Seriously. Throw a built QR in there and the boost the crap out of it.
Your options are very very limited to SR20 ( not sure if it's been done yet ), another QR25, or a VQ35 (which entails that you take it to FI-R to have it done).
SR20? I would assume just about everything would have to changed out since the two engines are nothing alike. Harness/mounts and all. Again, I don't think it's been done yet, going from a QR to a SR. . .

A built QR would hold up nice and well. It's all up you and your goals for the car. Just throwing ideas out there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh sorry about that.. I didnt see that you had written BUILT.. yeah I have quite a bit of thinking to do.. thnks for the help.. where do you think I could buy an engine??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts