Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sentra started having some problems a couple of days ago. I was pretty close to empty when it happened. The exhaust sputters irregularly, and when I floor it, I get no response. I have come close to stalling out a couple of times too. I have changed the distributor cap, spark plugs and wires, and fuel filter. My next step will be the O2 sensor. I was wondering if anyone might know what the real cause of this problem is, and if they have any advice on what to do. Thank you.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
muccman said:
umm.. fill up the tank?
x2

just fill her up.

those car just dont run on fumes. i get that my self too sometime ... and if you keep flooring it, it will just go down till it wont keep idle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed the O2 sensor. The car does not try to stall out anymore, but it's response when I floor it is only slightly better. It is still backfiring too. I am really stumped. Can anybody help me?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
x2 on this one too ... check timing and spark plugs... if they been washed, you surely need new one ... get some NGK, gap them good it should smooth out even more ... and hopefully get rid of the back firing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts