Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 200sx SE manual. One of my problems is it leaks oil badly, where would it most likely be leaking from? Also I drove it with a low amount of oil, and now it wont start. When I was driving it started to slow down and there was a rattling noise from the engine. If I try to start it, it just makes a kinda loud 'click' noise from the engine and thats it. Did the engine seize up? How would I fix this? thanks

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Most likely you are leaking oil from the front main seal (between the crank pulley and engine block), especially if you are losing oil but can't seem to find from where. Exactly how low on engine oil did you run your car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was about 150 miles that night, but the oil light was turning on and off at the last 10-20 miles

·
Registered
147 Posts
mine too, i thought it was the oil pan gasket....nope still leaks, so im going to do the front seal next.....theres a tutorial in one of the sections around here

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,044 Posts
It was about 150 miles that night, but the oil light was turning on and off at the last 10-20 miles
If the oil light came on, then the pan probably went dry. I would say the motor went to heaven; time for a replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theres nothing i can do to get it runnin good again? where would i look for a engine for this car?

·
Registered
485 Posts
The only thing you can do to get the engine running good again is possibly a rebuild, but that depends pn how bad you F'ed up the cylinders. Better of getting another engine from a scrapyard or reputable online company. Not sure were you are located so not positive on the best place for you to go. Good luck and next time remember that OIL IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN DRIVING THE REST OF THE WAY WITH NO OIL!!!!! The good news is it usually only takes one engine to learn this lesson. Good luck and have fun man.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If i have a 1.6L in it now, can i put a 2.0L engine in withouth changing a bunch of other stuff?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
If i have a 1.6L in it now, can i put a 2.0L engine in withouth changing a bunch of other stuff?
without transmission , engine , ecu and axle and engine harness and motor mounts and a few other small stuff no

1 - 9 of 9 Posts