Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after i run my car for awhile, lets say 20 min, i cant rev past like 5500-6000 rpm. i have no idea what is causing this problem. my friend had a similar problem with his civic where he couldnt rev past 4000, but that was because a wire was cut on his wiring harness. BTW i didnt notice this problem until i installed my AEM cold air intake.

thanx in advance,
david

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
almost sounds like you may have installed the MAF in backwards..or forgot to hook something back up....take it back off.and see if it is still there....then go from there

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
yeah.take it off and put the stock parts back on....see if it still does it..I also mentioned to double check all hoses and connections.try that too..temp sensor.??

·
Registered
389 Posts
If the MAF was on backwards the the would barely even rev to 2000rpm wiht your foot in the floor. (beleive me) Did you check all of the vacuum hoses? Also check the pins on the side of the black box attached to the MAF.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it almost like the car is needs more air or fuel or somethin.
i think i might have an answer, well, someone told me that the new GTI 337 have a MAF sensor like the se-r, this person also told me that when owners on these GTIs put a K&N filter(like that which comes with AEM intake) the only from said intake messed up the MAF sensor.

what does everone think?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds like you need a new MAFS? I'm sure this isn't the problem, but did you check all your vacuum lines/hoses? Like two days ago my car started idling like a mofo and so I look under the hood. WHAMMO! There are 3 of 4 screws MISSING from my MAF/MAF Adapter on my CAI. WTF!? So I sort of 1/2 assed jimmy in another bolt of a smaller size to hold me until I get to a friends house who says he has spare bolts. We kind of fix it w/ some bolts that fit OK and I go home. Works fine now. Check to see if you have a vacuum hose that has fallen off or is your MAF is either backwards or loose. Same goes for all your little silicone connector things. The ones that connect the different parts of the intake.

Ju§tin

::EDIT:: well upon reading the post once again to refresh my memory, I see you are "stock for now." I guess you don't have a CAI then, do you? Still check to see if you have any loose hoses that aren't fully connected. Clean out the throttle body maybe? Sorry I'm fresh out of answers now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry, i should have changed my signature since i got AEM cold-air w/K&N filter before i noticed this problem. well, i eventually took my car to the dealership and they found out that it is a bad air flow sensor.

thanx for everyone's help,
dave

·
Registered
135 Posts
LoL I was kind of wondering after I posted why you were worried about if you have a stock car. I figured you just hadn't updated your sig. Its alright. It sucks you had to take it to the dealer, but you gotta do what you gotta do. They probably robbed you blind for it. I took my car their once and they told me I needed about 900 in parts replaced, yet, 8 months later my car still runs fine. I checked those parts, and they are fine too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts