Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I part bolted to my engine is in the way of my new strut brace. I'd like to know what it does before I mess with it.

My car is a 1998 GXE sentra. The engine is a 1.6L.

The part is attached to the passenger side of the intake w/ 2 bolts.

It is connected to the wiring harness and has 2 rubber tubes going to it. One tube comes in from underneath. The other tube goes across the front of the intake to a metal tube that goes into the intake.

It appears to be an emission thing. I'm guessing it is the air pump but I don't see where the incoming tube comes from. I'm assuming the tube coming up from the bottom is the input side.

Thanks...

·
Banned
809 Posts
only thing i can think of that your talking about is the Throddle Body?!, or the black intake tube.. maybe the manifold.. Hey, go find any 200SX / Sentra engine pic, and circle it, and then upload it to free server. then we can help you.

there has been a problem with strut braces on 98s. I have read MANY complains... 95-97 has the good luck though :)

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
it's the fuel tank purge valve, and it goes from the valve to the intake manifold, and form the tank, via long pipe running under car, to the valve, did you say it broke?? because on the case with the front stb, it sits on it and rubs, limiting engine movement, but slowly destroying it, i had to relocate mine to the lower of the 2 bolts and change out the hoses, and it works fine, but, yeah, did you break yours????

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I didn't break mine. I have it temporarily relocated. I removed the lower bolt. Twisted it out of the way and tightened the upper bolt. I wanted to see how the car handled w/ the bar.
I need to reinstall that purge valve correctly and relocate the valve safely. The way it is now I risk breaking it.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts