Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, first off i did search the forum, didn't find too much on my exacting problem. =/

Here goes. The other day i wanted to swap out a rusty midpipe. So, i park the car in my garage, pull up the e-brake, and jack up the car. I get done, everything goes smoothly and lower the car, ect.

I then go to start it to hear how it sounds, and i get nothing, just a click. Im like wtf? I didn't even go near any wires or anything. So, i figure, maybe cause it's not in park, cause that the last time that's happen to me, i just didn't have it in park, but i had the car in the park the whole time. Needless to say i messed with the gear selector plenty, jiggled the key, checked the battery, cables, ect.

Any help would be great.

Thanks much

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
check the battery again. no click usually=dead battery. Also check all the fuses/relays in teh engine bay...specifically the engine fuse.

·
F.I. Section Whore
896 Posts
Is that all you hear? Is it Just a click? Does your radio come on? Any power to anything else? When my starter was acting up sometimes when I turned the key all I heard was a click and the systems going on, but not the engine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does click, atleast i hear a click. The radio goes on, batt reads 13volts. and i checked my grounds, ect. Thing is, what does me lifting the car and changing a pipe have to do with my car not starting, lol. Or it's just a coincidence...

Might be the starter, but how do i go about finding that out..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Havent had the chance to go underneath the car yet being that its snowing, lol. But i did check the fuel pump relay and interupter relay, which were both fine.

How should i go about checking the starter? Do i just hit it with a hammer? And where the hell is it, i could not locate it from the top of the car at all. I read its near the oil filter.

Is there anything else, which would be easier to rule out i can try?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts