Nissan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with hotshot headers. Like gasket problems, noise increase and emmissions testing.

Also, is the sentra built well enough to handle more the horse power provided from bolt-on mods. Will the transmission handle it ok and such?

And then one more thing. Is there a walk through of how to install a aftermarket tach for a sentra with no stock tach? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks to all those that respond



My car...
Hotshot CAI
UR Racing Pulley
Custom Exhaust with MagnaFlow Muffler
 

· Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Only thing i'd have a good guess about would be the tach install. Those are pretty straight forward. power, ground, maybe a parklight wire, and a tach wire and mount it, your done! Pretty easy to do, tach wire can be found at the injectors (uncommon colored wire) or the distributor.
 

· Mofo
Joined
·
5,304 Posts
Mod_That_Sentra said:
Hey guys...

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with hotshot headers. Like gasket problems, noise increase and emmissions testing.

Also, is the sentra built well enough to handle more the horse power provided from bolt-on mods. Will the transmission handle it ok and such?

And then one more thing. Is there a walk through of how to install a aftermarket tach for a sentra with no stock tach? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Thanks to all those that respond
My car...
Hotshot CAI
UR Racing Pulley
Custom Exhaust with MagnaFlow Muffler
The header will cause an increase in noise. Just install a resonator, or a cherry bomb to quiet it down.
With every bolt on you can buy put on the car the stock tranny can hold. the clutch on the other hand, proabably wont last to long. Thats where I would get the A.C.T. clutch disk/pressure plate. (Advanced clutch technologies)
There is a search feature here on NF. Its a great tool for infomation.
 

· What is Seven Ten for?
Joined
·
4,744 Posts
Mod_That_Sentra said:
Hey guys...

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with hotshot headers. Like gasket problems, noise increase and emmissions testing.

Also, is the sentra built well enough to handle more the horse power provided from bolt-on mods. Will the transmission handle it ok and such?

And then one more thing. Is there a walk through of how to install a aftermarket tach for a sentra with no stock tach? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks to all those that respond
I don't think the HS passes emmissions testing, I'm not sure I know it verys from state to state but I've heard cali guys saying it fails.

As for handling bolt ons check out www.nissanpreformancemag.com Also there are several turboed ga16de engines running around at 200+ HPs

tach: http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=70351
 

· Have I Hit 12's Yet?
Joined
·
6,879 Posts
you wont need a clutch from just a header and cai. i rode on a stock clutch with my turbo for 2 months
 

· Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Nostrodomas said:
The header will cause an increase in noise. Just install a resonator, or a cherry bomb to quiet it down.
With every bolt on you can buy put on the car the stock tranny can hold. the clutch on the other hand, proabably wont last to long. Thats where I would get the A.C.T. clutch disk/pressure plate. (Advanced clutch technologies)
There is a search feature here on NF. Its a great tool for infomation.

actually clutchmaster is one of the best for the 1.6
 

· TwiztidKidd
Joined
·
888 Posts
Mod_That_Sentra said:
Hey guys...

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with hotshot headers. Like gasket problems, noise increase and emmissions testing.

Also, is the sentra built well enough to handle more the horse power provided from bolt-on mods. Will the transmission handle it ok and such?

And then one more thing. Is there a walk through of how to install a aftermarket tach for a sentra with no stock tach? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks to all those that respond



My car...
Hotshot CAI
UR Racing Pulley
Custom Exhaust with MagnaFlow Muffler
I really don't see why a Hotshot header will fail EPA tests since you hooked up everything the same way your old exhaust manifold was... oxygen sensor's still installed, the EGR bung's still there, catalytic's not missing... I'll let you know if it passes the Illinois EPA tests... just wait till May 2006
 

· absolutely classic
Joined
·
651 Posts
Twiz said:
I really don't see why a Hotshot header will fail EPA tests since you hooked up everything the same way your old exhaust manifold was... oxygen sensor's still installed, the EGR bung's still there, catalytic's not missing... I'll let you know if it passes the Illinois EPA tests... just wait till May 2006
It fails visual inspection, not emissions. Cali's got some real anal laws.
 

· TwiztidKidd
Joined
·
888 Posts
That sucks... I hope you saved your old exhaust manifold then. They don't look under the hood here... they get in the car and drive it on the threadmill? while you wait in the cabin or you can ride with the test guy... they check to see how tight your gas cap is and your exhaust emissions. Of course you don't want to have a car that makes too much noise when you rev it so you want to remove the extension on your cold air intake and stuff a silencer in your muffler.
 

· NisMopar
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Yup I havent had a single problem with any of Hotshots parts except the Maf adaptor that came with my CAI one of the holes on the flange was off a hair no big deal just some grinding.The header will pass emissions in your state.The downpipe has a Bung for a 2nd 02 sensor if you are OBD2 and a plug if you are OBD1.Like Chimmike said you arent going to need a new clutch Nissan built it, not Mitsu.(j/k)
 

· nissan??? whats that
Joined
·
747 Posts
danifilth said:
Yup I havent had a single problem with any of Hotshots parts except the Maf adaptor that came with my CAI one of the holes on the flange was off a hair no big deal just some grinding.The header will pass emissions in your state.The downpipe has a Bung for a 2nd 02 sensor if you are OBD2 and a plug if you are OBD1.Like Chimmike said you arent going to need a new clutch Nissan built it, not Mitsu.(j/k)
no inspections here but i agree about the maf adapter it was off alittle so i also did some grinding
 

· wont go any faster?
Joined
·
507 Posts
while we on the subject of emissions im lucky enough in texas that the guy i go to claims to have bad eye site, really hard of hearing , and will pass anything you want for 20 bucks...you wouldnt belive how many people have straight pipes and illegal window tint and numerous other things
 

· Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Twiz said:
I really don't see why a Hotshot header will fail EPA tests since you hooked up everything the same way your old exhaust manifold was... oxygen sensor's still installed, the EGR bung's still there, catalytic's not missing... I'll let you know if it passes the Illinois EPA tests... just wait till May 2006
It is illegal to move the catalytic convertor. If the header moves it further or closer to the engine, then it is illegal, simple as that. It sucks because long tube headers = monsterous torque, but forget it if you want to go legal.
 

· TwiztidKidd
Joined
·
888 Posts
I still have the Nissan OEM catalytic on and it didn't move an inch... it has 2.5" bolt-on flanges and it measures 12.5" overall length. The Hotshot header falls in perfectly except the oil pan which you have to hammer.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top