Nissan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
BubNYY02 said:
I dropped my car off last night and they just called me about 10 minutes ago and said that an 02 sensor needed to be replaced and thats why the engine light was on. They also said that I shouldn't put a Fram air filter in the car and to just use a nissan air filter. Is that just them trying to get me to use a 'Nissan' labeled part or what? Also, they 'recommended' an induction thing for my car, a brake bleed or something. I just got new brakes on my car in Oct. Are they just trying to blow smoke up my ass or should i actually do it?
Fram to what I understand is bad. I would personally, opt to get a cold air intake or a reusable K&N box filter. They will both increase gas mileage, the CAI will moreso and also give you a better sound and power gain.

I dont know exactly what they meant by induction. Cold Air Induction?

Bleeding brakes are easy and something anyone can do if they have someone to assist them. Nissan would use a machine to do it most likely. Generally, changing brake fluids every year and bleeding the system is good. I dont know why you would need a bleed unless you by chance boiled your brake fluid. Did they bleed them when you got new pads? How hard do you drive? Better yet, how hard to you brake? Have you had any problems with the brakes?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
NickZac said:
Fram to what I understand is bad. I would personally, opt to get a cold air intake or a reusable K&N box filter. They will both increase gas mileage, the CAI will moreso and also give you a better sound and power gain.
I don't drive very hard at all. I mean i don't drive like a pussy but i don't race. The brakes have been perfect I think they just wanted to find out when the last time I got it maintenanced and everything. How much does a cold air intake cost and can I install it myself? I don't know what they meant by induction the lady was mumbling and it is $140 so I said no its ok.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would have to say that Fram has a pretty bad reputation for air filters. I would suggest just paying a little more for the Nissan one, or get a K&N 'box style' drop in filter. K&N filters are made from cotton and are cleanable and thus never have to be replaced, but rather cleaned every so often.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I got my car back last week and the engine light came on again after they replaced the 02 sensor. I called them back and brought it to the dealer. They said that when someone did the ECU recall that they forgot to plug it back it and they also broke the case for it. They plugged it back in the engine light isn't on anymore and they are getting me a new case. I just have to wait for it to come in, and they washed my car....ALL FOR FREE!

Thanks everyone for helping!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts