Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 'Service Engine Soon' light is on and I did the whole gas peddle thing and came up with a code of 71.
Now that says its a random misfire but I have no idea what that could mean. Could anyone tell me what I need to replace or what I need to do to get rid of the Engine light being on because it stares me in the face when i'm driving and it drives me CRAZY!!

-Thanks

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
if it says misfire, take the car to the dealer asap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NickZac said:
Out of curousity, are you running an AFC or better yet the QR Pro?

My car is completely stock. I don't know what you mean by AFC or QR Pro. Sorry i'm a newbie!

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Dealership, NOW.
If you dont have any mods and are throwing misfire codes, then you definately should hit up the dealer and I am sure they will help you out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NickZac said:
If you dont have any mods and are throwing misfire codes, then you definately should hit up the dealer and I am sure they will help you out.
Alright, I'll try to get there asap. I hope its not expensive!

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Between his user name that has 02 in it and IIRC the pedal procedure only works on the 02-03, I am guessing his warranty may be expired :(

Hopefully it isnt. If it is, who knows, maybe the dealer will handle it for cheap or free anyway. Some dealers are much bigger on customer service than others.

All in all, the best of luck that the problem gets fixed!

·
Registered
284 Posts
NickZac said:
Between his user name that has 02 in it and IIRC the pedal procedure only works on the 02-03, I am guessing his warranty may be expired :(

Hopefully it isnt. If it is, who knows, maybe the dealer will handle it for cheap or free anyway. Some dealers are much bigger on customer service than others.

actually the pedal trick works on the 04 models. at least it worked on mine

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I think somewhere I read the pedal trick works to read the codes but the way to reset the ECU is slightly different. I'm not positive so dont hold me to it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NickZac said:

I do have an '02 with 40000 miles on it. So this will probably break the bank. But thanks for everyone's help.

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Ruben said:
That code can come from the crank sensor.
This is becoming more and more of an issue. We had 2 guys within a week in the L31 section have dead cars because of the recall. I'm betting this is what it is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here goes nothing

I am putting my car in the shop on Monday in hopes of getting it back with no problems. I don't know too much about cars but I do know the basics and a few extras. I called to see if all my recalls have been done and the service guy said that there are no outstanding recalls. I hope the problem is what everyone is talking about and won't cost me an arm and a leg to get this fixed, which I don't have. Thanks for all the help and I'll post when I get the results.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I suppose they need to check your plugs for fouling, check coolant, pressure, compression, etc. I believe you are still good for warranty. Find a good dealer and they will take care of you, it took me a few months but they are out thur.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dropped my car off last night and they just called me about 10 minutes ago and said that an 02 sensor needed to be replaced and thats why the engine light was on. They also said that I shouldn't put a Fram air filter in the car and to just use a nissan air filter. Is that just them trying to get me to use a 'Nissan' labeled part or what? Also, they 'recommended' an induction thing for my car, a brake bleed or something. I just got new brakes on my car in Oct. Are they just trying to blow smoke up my ass or should i actually do it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts