Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife bougth this 95 200sx to her friend, the problem is the engine light is on since we bought it! her friend say's its always stays on and she even bring it to the dealer to inspect it but they could'nt find whats the problem ( hard to believe).. anyone knows how i can fix this? im not sure if the co2 censor is the problem. and one more thing, this past summer everytime we use the AC and when we got into a stop light the engine dies, so we bring it to a mechanic and still desame. cant figure it out what is the problem. help is appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would buy a simple obd2 diagnostic tool and reset the codes and leave it plugged in and see what code comes up first while your driving or if you dont have a obd2 scanner you can do it manually by taking out the ecm and counting the engine light it will blink fast then slow if it blinks 5 times slow and 3 times fast the code is 53 i would go with that rought

·
Registered
505 Posts
My wife bougth this 95 200sx to her friend, the problem is the engine light is on since we bought it! her friend say's its always stays on and she even bring it to the dealer to inspect it but they could'nt find whats the problem ( hard to believe).. anyone knows how i can fix this? im not sure if the co2 censor is the problem. and one more thing, this past summer everytime we use the AC and when we got into a stop light the engine dies, so we bring it to a mechanic and still desame. cant figure it out what is the problem. help is appreciated
Sounds like a pretty crappy mechanic. The stalling is probably a bad compressor if it only happens when the ac is turned on. By cO2 sensor, you mean O2 sensor? You need to check the codes. Take it to advance auto and they will pull the codes for you for free. Let me know what you come up with.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Could also be issues with the IACV. The extra load the AC causes can also make a minimal IACV issue stall the engine. Have you checked the ECU codes? Im not positive whichh system the 95 runs, if its OBDII go to an autozone or similar car place and get it scanned. If its a OBDI then read about pulling the codes.You can do it at home.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Could also be issues with the IACV. The extra load the AC causes can also make a minimal IACV issue stall the engine. Have you checked the ECU codes? Im not positive whichh system the 95 runs, if its OBDII go to an autozone or similar car place and get it scanned. If its a OBDI then read about pulling the codes.You can do it at home.
No offense but you almost repeated the top that I wrote. I already told him to check the codes. Good point on the IACV though. He needs to pull the codes. Most likely get his answer when he does.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you guys! finally someone answers my question.. and yes i meant o2 sensor.. kizer24 a friend of mine told me about that, if the AC is too much load then thats the reason why. so i will have it check this week end i will let you guys now. i dont know how to check the ecu codes....

·
Registered
505 Posts
thank you guys! finally someone answers my question.. and yes i meant o2 sensor.. kizer24 a friend of mine told me about that, if the AC is too much load then thats the reason why. so i will have it check this week end i will let you guys now. i dont know how to check the ecu codes....
To check the codes simply drive the car to auto zone or advance auto and tell them your "check engine light" is on and that you would like them to check the codes. They will do it for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts