Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Sup everybody, I bought a 98 sentra, manual trans. GA16DE 1.6 Engine. The car runs great no probs. Win I got the car it had a full exhaust, cold air intake style air filter on it, and it has a header on it. I removed the air filter, and put the stock air box back on it. It still has the header, and the full exhaust on it. But I do have a engine light on, I was told when I bought it, It was because It was missing the down stream oxg. sensor. cool no big deal. well I went and got a down stream oxg. sensor put it in, reset the engine light, drove it for while then the light came back on. Checked the code and this time It's telling me the egr valve is not working, and the cataltyic converter readings are high. After seeing a picture, and reading some other post I see that It is missing that tube from the egr valve to the manifold. I was just using the car to drive to and from work. can I just plug that hole at the egr valve? and after that will I get the code for the cataltyic converter. again? I'm just trying to do what I have to do to get the engine light off. Thanks...

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,008 Posts
In order for the ECU fault to be cleared, the EGR valve needs to become functional. To get the valve to work, a tube from the EGR to the exhaust manifold needs to be installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In order for the ECU fault to be cleared, the EGR valve needs to become functional. To get the valve to work, a tube from the EGR to the exhaust manifold needs to be installed.
Ok, Thanks. I'll have to head to the junk yard to try to find one...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts