Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Murph said:
Im curious. What do you guys think about this. I know its a long discussion.

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=5198&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I know its a specV board, but i think its applicable to pretty much every car (otherwise feel free to move it :)). I dont know what to beleive, but my consumer sense tells me a definite no.
Grounding kits are the rage in Japan. Although there is some merit to them, I don't think you are going to see huge power increses on a newer car. Maybe an older one with crusty wiring or a car that has been tweeked and modifed and maybe has a few missing grounds which is common on a car that has had the engine out a few times.

In any case it won't hurt and has some positive merits. I don't think you would expect to see much of a power increase in most cases.

Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: Re: engine grounding? need knowledge!

In any case it won't hurt and has some positive merits. I don't think you would expect to see much of a power increase in most cases.

According to Import Tuner (dec 2002), the more modifications one has, the more effective the grounding systems are...and thusly, the more overall horsepower that is retained...there is another part of this convo to be found in this forum

Just go to "Search", search for "Grounding wires," then go to the thread "Performance wiring"...
peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts