Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you pour a bottle of engine flush in your engine? Or know anybody who has in the past? Curious if it is Snake Oil or works as intended or no noticeable difference. The one i'm looking for now is from the highly rated Liqui Moly. I did a google search and i can't even find an automotive store that carries it, altho there are other brands at places such as cnd tire/ napa. 4 Best Engine Flush Reviews of 2020 - AutoMechanicKnows.com

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nope never did. My mechanic flushed my heater core multiple times with CLR and a recirculating pump when it was blocked. Saved me a bundle of money but not removing and replacing it.

Reactions: tonyvancity

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope never did. My mechanic flushed my heater core multiple times with CLR and a recirculating pump when it was blocked. Saved me a bundle of money but not removing and replacing it.
ahhhh, sounds like a good mechanic to have. Any opinion or thoughts on the engine flush additive? Seems simple, just add to engine before oil change, let vehicle idle for 10 mins or so, turn off motor and let engine cool. Drain out oil, add new oil filter and new oil. The claim is that the flush additive cleans out engine sludge, varnishes, blah blah and helps to clean the internals thus resulting in restored engine performance and i guess, restored fuel economy. IF the bottle of flush is relatively cheap to buy and it does not do any engine problems i may give it a go. But first i will research it a bit more.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ah engine flush. I was thinking coolant flush. I guess it can't hurt. If you've always done oil changes on time your engine should be quite clean but at high mileage it might be worth a try.
I wouldn't bother if it was me.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,020 Posts
Have any of you pour a bottle of engine flush in your engine? Or know anybody who has in the past? Curious if it is Snake Oil or works as intended or no noticeable difference. The one i'm looking for now is from the highly rated Liqui Moly. I did a google search and i can't even find an automotive store that carries it, altho there are other brands at places such as cnd tire/ napa. 4 Best Engine Flush Reviews of 2020 - AutoMechanicKnows.com View attachment 6615
IMO, I would avoid some of those additives that claim miracles; some have been known to cause problems. From what I understand Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage with MaxLife Technology is one of the best oils on the market that has extra cleaning additives. You'll probably have to change the oil and filter more often in the beginning until most of the crud has been cleaned out; then you can go back to your normal schedule.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Wow! That guy is harder to listen to than my wife!:eek:

Reactions: tonyvancity

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! That guy is harder to listen to than my wife!:eek:
lol....i've been watching his videos for a few years now. I was the same as you in the beginning , thinking '' ughhhh, this guy is LOUD! and maybe a bit nuts.''.
But he does calm down and i think he genuinely wants to dispense good advice to others. Whatever his style is, seems to work as he has millions of hits on youtube and ranked up in the top 3 youtube automotive advice . He has his critics too ! But overall i like him/his advice and he is one of many that i may watch on youtube and see if there is anything useful i can use or move on to the next one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts