Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all

i have a question. i am currently wanting to put a motor in a sandrail that i am getting. my question is: i currently have a sr20de engine that was seriously neglected and i took it out of the 92 sentra ser and replaced it with a "mail order motor". so now i have a base engine that i could build or i can just buy a DET for approx. $1600 and then do all the mods to make it "jumpy" or i could use the money and get a nice bbturbo and go from there. i was told that the DET has oil squirters under the pistions. how inportant are they cause i see a number of people turboing DE engines. i have a nice advantage, since it is being put in an off-road application then i have little to no space restrictions.

thanks for all of your time
Dennis

92 sentra se-r: JWT ECU, JWT cams, Stillen header, Stillen intake, full 2.5" exhaust, ST springs,ST swaybars, tokico struts, front strut brace, cross drilled front rotors, dot4 brake fluid, 16" primax wheels, yokohama a520 205/40, autopower 6 point roll cage, but alas all go no show.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
I have no idea what to suggest for your vehicle, but your subject line should read "engine debacle"

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my bad. in understand that the install is not in scope of the norm BUT the engine build-up is the same. am i wasting my time going through the DE engine or should i pop for the DET, assuming the DE engine is a ground up build.

thanks for everyones time

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you're going to do a ground up build up, the DE is the way to go. You can have the oil squirters installed if you like and you'll have stronger rods and pistons than a DET.

The SR20DE should be an awesome sandrail turbo motor. I have heard of others doing it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the DE rods are stronger then the DET? does the advantage of installing the oil squiters justify the cost (cost of oil squirters+?). what are the suggestion for a build up and where can i go to get prices.

thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
DE rods aren't any stronger than DET, but you said ground up build up so I thought you planned on getting forged rods and pistons with lower compression. Jim Wolf Technology can get you all the parts and they can install the oil squirters. You can call them and ask about price.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts