Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing mass air flow sensor, light came back. Went back and read codes but this time P0101 is back plus reprogram ECM. can there be something else besides that?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,177 Posts
Please state the year, model, engine, transmission of your vehicle. Detail your original problem along with any tests you performed.

I'll jump ahead and indicate possible causes for a P0101 fault code before you reply to this post.

Possible causes:
● Harness or connectors (The sensor circuit is open or shorted). A high voltage from the sensor is sent to the ECU under light load driving conditions.
● Mass air flow sensor is defective.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 Nissan Altima did the same exact same with the p101 mass air flow sensor there's a service bulletin out on it at the dealership not a recall but a service bulletins and they fix mine for free they had to reprogram the ECM

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,177 Posts
Here's some other possible causes that you can check out:
• Intake air leaks. The best way to check the intake system for a vacuum leak is to attach a vacuum gauge to a full vacuum source. With the engine fully warmed up, the reading at idle should be 18 - 20 InHg. At 3,000 RPM, it should be 21 InHg. If readings are under 18 InHg, check the intake manifold nuts to make sure they are tight. The gasket may have failed; spray a water mist at the gasket to see if the gauge reading changes. Also check the intake plenum bellows at the throttle valve and at the MAF for cracks or loose clamps.
• Defective EVAP control system pressure sensor. For diagnostic procedure testing, reference the FSM.
• Defective intake air temperature sensor. For diagnostic procedure testing, reference the FSM.

Diagnostic procedures are documented in the FSM for your vehicle. You can download a copy of the FSM from this web site: https://ownersmanuals2.com/. Section EC.PDF is the one you need to read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts