Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Sentra GXE. The check engine light flashed code 32 "EGR Control Valve" I had this happen once before and found a broken hose. Replacing the hose kept the CEL off for about a year. This time I have not found any broken hoses and I checked the EGR valve with a vacuum pump and it seemed to work fine. Is the EGR control valve something different than the EGR valve or are they the same thing. What else should I check. The only code I get is 32. I reset the ECU and switched to regular fuel and the light stayed off for about a month but then it came back on.

Please Help.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah man i need some help on that same code i pulled the egr off and plugged with a bolt. I wanna fix the egr but dont know how.

·
Registered
339 Posts
There is an EGR Control Solenoid somewhere on MPFI engines... maybe what should you do is to replace all vacuum hoses that goes to the egr system and control solenoids, check cables an cracked hoses as well... to check the EGR get the engine to normal operating temp. Allow it to idle for about 60 seconds then open throttle abruptly so th engine runs at about 2000 or 3000 rpm then allow it to close, the EGR valve stem should move if the control system is working properly.
Never use any solvent like carb. cleaner on the valve or vacuum hoses since it will permanently damage the valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts