Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
M-kay...
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So two days ago, i go to my car and start it, it's all fine and I moved it up my driveway to remove some of the ice that was on the driveway under the car. After I'm done I go to move the car, and it doesn't start. Ok, I try again, nothing. I check everything, and it seems fine, i move it down the driveway, by puting it on neutral and it rolls down. Wait, nothing happens. So take it to the dealer, and today I find out nothing si wrong with the car. I'm like what, the dealer said it's running fine. I asked him if it had anything to do that the car was standing on a slope (since this already happened, after standing on a slope, it wouldn't start), and he says no. Well while i'm there this guy asks my dad and me what the problem is, and we explained it to him. He said to get this stuff called CDT, i'm guessing it's an engine cleaner, based on the stuff he said. He said that you put this in to get the dirt and all that bad stuff of the metal on the engine. I can't find CDT, so is there any other products, or CDT stands for something and I should look for it, or is CDT just crap and I don't need it? And if anyone had the same problem where the car doesn't start after standing on a slope, tell me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i personally have never had this happen but this morning my buddies BMW wouldnt start ... we were guessing it was some water that melted onto his distributor cap and it wouldnt start ... might have happened to u ... idk about the spray tho
-Pete-

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i just googled CDT and found that CDT stands for "Clean Diesel Technologies" they are a group that test fuel additives for diesel engines and have made some very clean burning diesel fuels...........but nothing about engine cleaner.....and i have no idea what that has to do with your engine not starting, is it really that dirty!?

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Do you happen to have an alarm connected to your car?

roman4189 said:
So two days ago, i go to my car and start it, it's all fine and I moved it up my driveway to remove some of the ice that was on the driveway under the car. After I'm done I go to move the car, and it doesn't start. Ok, I try again, nothing. I check everything, and it seems fine, i move it down the driveway, by puting it on neutral and it rolls down. Wait, nothing happens. So take it to the dealer, and today I find out nothing si wrong with the car. I'm like what, the dealer said it's running fine. I asked him if it had anything to do that the car was standing on a slope (since this already happened, after standing on a slope, it wouldn't start), and he says no. Well while i'm there this guy asks my dad and me what the problem is, and we explained it to him. He said to get this stuff called CDT, i'm guessing it's an engine cleaner, based on the stuff he said. He said that you put this in to get the dirt and all that bad stuff of the metal on the engine. I can't find CDT, so is there any other products, or CDT stands for something and I should look for it, or is CDT just crap and I don't need it? And if anyone had the same problem where the car doesn't start after standing on a slope, tell me.

·
High times
394 Posts
the inside of your distributor got wet(condensation) remove and spray with WD40 and your good to go....

·
High times
394 Posts
also 97 98 had a problem with temp sending unit in cold weather. I had drive to chi town to get my wifes GXE 97 because it would not start(turn over ) but wouldn't start,, towed it back to tennessee and it started right up.. I replaced the temp unit and never had anymore troubles

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think some of the best stuff for cleaning engines is just plain old grease lightning or anything like it. Cover all your electricals, battery, and distributor, spray it on there, let it sit for a minute, scrub it, then spray it off with a hose. Then you could use something like armor all to shine up all the plastic. Make that engine look really new.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ive seen some engine sprays that litterally you spray on and it cleans it with no other help. And it worked very well on my car. My intake manifold was faded. Sprayed it and let it sit and it looked shiny ever since. I dont know what it was though...

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Chris90FB240sx said:
Ive seen some engine sprays that litterally you spray on and it cleans it with no other help. And it worked very well on my car. My intake manifold was faded. Sprayed it and let it sit and it looked shiny ever since. I dont know what it was though...
if its that strong though... think of what it is doing to your(OIL BASED) rubber hoses and belts...

·
Registered
189 Posts
It didnt do anything to my hoses... I dont know what the stuff was and the guy said it wasnt a very well no product but all I know is it cleaned my engine and made everything look very clean.

·
Registered
35 Posts
you want a clean and shiny engine. with car running and distributor and plugs covered. spray watered down simple green all over the place let sit for a little while scrub if you have to.....
spray off with some water try and not drench the engine with excessive water. now you can uncover the distributor and plugs.......spray some watered down armor all on everything you want shiny then close hood and let run until everything drys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts