Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a lot of 1990 engines and damn they are really clean....i want to know what product is the best to clean the engine on my Z...it was sitting for 2 years and dirt is really caked up on it...pressure washing didn't work....can someone help me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do not pressure wash a 300ZX engine bay. unlike other cars, the Z has wires that are exposed. Also since most plastic on the Z are now so brittle that any pressure on them will break them.

Cleaning the engine by is very simple. Get some cloth and random small tools and some simple green and get to it. There is no real secret, just get at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Kartcher pressure washer and I've used it on my 300zx TT without any problems. I used Simple Green and kept the motor running while hosing it down. Yes there are exposed wires and the connectors get brittle and crack with age and heat that the engine generates. I had to replace the entire engine harness at about 200,000 miles so my connectors are still in pretty good shape but Mike's caution is worth noting if your harness is high mileage and old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts