Nissan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, that really sucked about your whole ordeal. We could have gotten you a bluebird swapped for that price. Oh well, sometimes parents just got to learn that they are not always right. I hope you have better luck next time though.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
The only things I was worried about are the serial numbers on the BB's, street legality, and reliability. I bet the reliability would have been better than what I've deal with. I've been through 19 alternators now and I've got a starter to replace... from autozone :(

Hey, I totally can understand about payments and stuff. My parents had the title for my car and everything and as soon as they gave it to me, I found problems in everything. Started with bad struts, so I bought GR-2's and Eibach Sportlines... then it went on to no tread... got me some 17"s then those broke after 1 month, then went to 16"s then those bent in 4 months, then I went to 15"s and those are what I have now.... I did the intake and exhaust... then the tranny died... at the same time as the tranny the engine started to burn oil... so they replaced the trany with a junk yard one and a warrantied engine... junk yard tranny died... went through 3 tranny problems at eagle trannsmissions and they wouldn't warranty their work so we had to go to aamco... things were good until a differential broke while I was cruisin down the highway at 60mph... then I had a bad rack&pinion... replaced it with an upgraded one.... now after a little wreck it's messed up again... and the converter is inefficient cause it was touched by a local converter shop cause it had to be flushed after the differential issue.... now my tranny over heats with a tranny cooler because of the converter... my A/C doesn't work... My passenger door won't open... my back left window won't work... my power door locks only work with the drivers door... :( :( :( :( :(

When's this stuff gonna end?? What I need are some tool friendly friends so I can get this stuff replaced for cheapo. Once I get a job I'll be able to pay some things off (loans) then I'll be done with this car in 4 yrs - by the time I get out of college. Duc, would you be willing to help me on the tranny and the rack & pinion or something? Rack & pinion has a warranty on it. Tranny does too but I have to make it look like no one touched it because Aamco uses chalk lines and they look for hand prints on the tranny and stuff. I just need to get to the torque converter and get it fixed ($30). I know I can replace the starter since I've done it 4 times now.

Thanks!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Damn Dan, it just sound worse everytime I hear of it. See the thing is the shop is so booked up right now, we dont' have room for anything yet. We've got 3 RWD sr20det swaps going on right now; a 300zx that's getting a AVC-R, AFC, new clutch and flywheel, 550cc injectors, JWT ecu, custom mounting the AVC-R and AFC in the glovebox, and some other little stuff, finishing off Tommy's Sr20de-T 4-door sentra, Finishing Yuski's S15, Dan's 300zx sway bars, a new clutch for a RWD Sr20det, working on Hien's FMax stage 2 turbo motor, and getting 4 cars repainted. We have to do all this in the next 2-3 weeks. Personally if you ask me you've spent way more money than you should have. If you want we can fix all of that, but that's only if you want to spend more money on getting stuff fixed.

Oh yea, and first rule of thumb, never take you car to AMCO. They are a FUC*EN ripoff!!!!! Well since you took the car to them anyways, don't let anyone touch your tranny but them, if you've got a warranty on it. Let them deal with their own mistakes. Whatever you have a warranty on you need to replace it in a hurry, cause there's no use in waisting your time for their mistake. And when you bring it back give them alot of shit about it too. Like I said sorry to hear about all the money that's been waisted on fixing you car rather than upgrading it. I wish I could help you out but, I work from 8-5 5 days a week, and after that I"m usually at the shop from 5-9or10 just getting shit done. Then I'm at the shop all day on SAT, and the only day I have left to spend time with my family is on SUNDAY. Sorry.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
dho said:
He's talking about the RWD S13 chasis (240sx).

Red-Top S13 SR20DET (205hp) 180SX 91-93 and Silvia 91-93
Black-Top S13 SR20DET (205hp) 180SX 94-98
Black-Top S14 SR20DET (220hp) Silvia 95-98
Black-Top S15 SR20DET (250hp) Silvia 99-Current

For the FWD B13 / B14 chasis there are:

Red-Top Bluebird (205hp)
Red-Top GTiR (227)
Oh yeah, I forgot this thread was in the 240sx/silvia section. I thought he was talking about a b14.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey Dan if you are in the market for a Sr20de, I know someone who is taking theirs out right now. So if you want it I can probably get you a good deal on it.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
What kind of condition is the SR20DE in and how much? I don't have a job and I've been looking for 7 months now. Do you need any help mechanical help? I'm always willing to work and learn as long as I get a little bit of $$ or something in return. (Education is priceless, the more that I can get the better.)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Even if we need the help, we can't hire you. Because you've seen our shop, we really don't have room for another tech.

I don't know how much he want's for his motor, but I can ask him.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
I can understand but most of the times I've been up there, there weren't any techs working... That one day that I was there charging up my battery because of the bad alternater, James only installed a O2 sensor and played with a few pipes (didn't install them on the 4dr red sentra) and talked on the phone for 30min. ( I don't want to diss on James, it was just kinda strange ya know? James is cool. ) That was the same day that he scheduled with me 2 weeks before for him / someone else to cut and weld my custom cold air intake. Then he tells me that he won't be able to get to it for another week or two. I just took my bends to a muffler shop.

How's Sammy's Sileighty doin? Do you have any dyno's or 1/4 mile times?

Thanks for your help Duc! Hey, do you know anything about 280z's? My friend in a Z28 w/ intake and exhaust got whoop'd big time by a 280z with a factory motor!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts