Nissan Forum banner

Energy Suspension Motor Mounts?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  dumped200sx 
#1 ·
does ES make motor mounts for the GA16DE or is it only available for the sr20 ? and are there any after market motor mounts made for the GA16DE ?

#9 ·
so if i buy the inserts for thr B13 1.6, then they will still fit on the b14 1.6?

#10 ·
NotAnotherHonda said:
so if i buy the inserts for thr B13 1.6, then they will still fit on the b14 1.6?
They should. I know the passenger side mount looks a bit different but the insert is the same. From what I've seen between my B13 and B14 all the mounts are at the same place and bolt up just the same. I'll know for sure in about 1-2 weeks cuz I'm getting ES motor mount inserts from Steve(psulemon) to put on my B13.

Mitch

#12 ·
ick19 said:
yes they will my girl has a b13 and i put them in her car just fine. also when buying es motor mounts the se-r mounts are the same as the se maybe thats why you cant find them for the se
The torque mounts are the same between the SR20 and GA16. The other two mounts I am certain are different. ES only makes inserts which are not recommended to be used with torn or failing mounts. they will work their way out quickly. Place racing makes solid torque mounts. I believe JWT also did at one time. However they are not real cheap. Once upon a time I believe SR20 development had the JWT mounts on sale. Might be worth checking.

#14 ·
sfhellwig said:
The torque mounts are the same between the SR20 and GA16. The other two mounts I am certain are different. ES only makes inserts which are not recommended to be used with torn or failing mounts. they will work their way out quickly. Place racing makes solid torque mounts. I believe JWT also did at one time. However they are not real cheap. Once upon a time I believe SR20 development had the JWT mounts on sale. Might be worth checking.
the others mounts are the same also they are the same from 1991 to 1999 sr20 and ga16

#15 ·
beware anyone buying place racing motor mounts. i purchased a set for my 95 se-r and took close to 2 months to get them when they said they were "in stock". then when i finally did get them.....the center hole for the main motor mount bolt was too big(WTF)! so instead of bitchin and complaining and b/c i was in the middle of a engine swap and needed the mounts put in i simply went to a hardware store and purchased some metal inserts which i elongated a lil and finally i was able to get the motor mount bolt to fit. i dunno if anyone else has had a prob such as this, but i sure did.

matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.