Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 92 SE-R and i notice that the engine bay is full of crap that seems to be emmisions related. Before i purchased the car i used to browse the Nissan boards and i think i remember someone saying that you can remove most of this crap. Does anybody know what I am talking about and what is involved or am I making no sense? Thanks in advance.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
JDM's don't come with any of that stuff, so yes, you can remove almost all of it. However, I don't know what gains, if any, you'd get from this. I'd do a search at www.sr20deforum.com and see what you come up with. I'd like to remove my emissions shit as well so keep me posted, I'll look around as well.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tool, I will keep a lookout. I might just start pullin stuff of this weekend. The engine bay looks so cluttered with all that crap. Anybody know what can be taken off?

·
Registered
135 Posts
From what I recall, I believe you can remove the black box in front of the VC, all the piping that runs from it to the intake tubing and VC, and whatever goes into the exhaust manifold. The only thing you need to do is just plug up those holes that are left behind. My friend has the JDM and it looks much simpler and cleaner w/out it on there!

ju§tin

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i was looking at, there is also some stuff in between the engine and the firewall. Cant tell it is for emissions or fuel. I will have to take a closer look.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes well, it appears there is more to it. I just read an old thread of mine from august and here is all the info. You probably have a highport, but it doesn't make much difference I wouldn't think?

EGR ON T25

1 - 7 of 7 Posts