Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My girlfriend has a 1997 Altima with about 130K miles on it. Within the last year or so we changed the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, O2 sensor, MAF sensor and fuel injectors.

She is coming due for the wonderful CA state emissions test and want to make sure she passes. She barely passed last time.

Any help is appreciated.

Below are the results of the last test which was performed in Jan 2007. I know the car will not pass the next time based on the last test.

As you can see from the results the HC And the NO were very high and most likely will go over the MAX next time.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,219 Posts
Since you did a full tuneup along with changing the fuel injectors, the CAT may be bad. To test for a bad CAT, you need to take the car to a shop that has emissions testing equipment. They would take a reading as is; then they would replace the CAT with a test pipe and take a second reading. If both readings are almost the same, then the CAT is bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea. Will call around and see if a shop will do that for me.

Since you did a full tuneup along with changing the fuel injectors, the CAT may be bad. To test for a bad CAT, you need to take the car to a shop that has emissions testing equipment. They would take a reading as is; then they would replace the CAT with a test pipe and take a second reading. If both readings are almost the same, then the CAT is bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts