Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Window /motor problem, know the part number?

My car is a Sentra GXE 92
power everything and AC 1.6L engine

My front passenger window does not work. I took it to a shop and they said the motor works (and showed me) but they also told me that the swith on the drivers door is defective and needs to be replaced. I called a nissan dealer and they were not too helpful. Anyone would know what is the part number so I can order it - the dealer told me that if I had a part number they would order it for me.

And second, its the climate control selecting motor. I have to get down below the dash to change from say defrost the windshield to bi-level operation. Not too bad but would like to know what is the part number of that motor so I can order it as well. Everything else works in the car (well almost)

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer (s) to this question (s) it will be greatly appreciarted, or please tell me where I should post this question

My car is a Sentra GXE 92
power everything and AC 1.6L engine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried

I tried and I was told that I had to buy the whole door/swith pannel/box and the whole middle console (with the ac controls) otherwise they won't sell - definately way too much - I want to know if anyone has the part number cuz then I can get it new from Nissan and I was told it would not be too expensive - by the mechanic who looked at my car.

Thanks

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
the dealership can't get the part number?? what a surprise, really, what a surprise.......and if the motor works for the window, don't rule out the window regulator/lifting mechanism......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not that they can't get it..

They were not too cooperative. It seemed that if you dont have a new car, they wont stop to ask you if they can help.

It was frustrating. I ordered one part in the past and went to pick it up. After calling and making sure they had the part it took me more than 25 minutes for someone to get the part - with me the only person in line and 3 people in the parts/stock room.

I am not out to bash Nissan - just what happened to me then

Actually, I have seen the window go up and down - this tech from a window shop took the battery of his 12 volt drill and plug it to the motor behind the door pannel and the window went up and down and that is why he told me that it could be the relay - but on the driver's door...

Any other ideas? I am frustrated trying to get the part numbers..

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
This could be a long shot, or just plain stupid, but the driver's side window switch has a child lock on it. It's right next to the power lock switch. Maybe you pressed the button accidentily. The button disallows any switches to open the pasanger side (and rear..sentra) windows and the driver's window will still be operative.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it would have been too easy

Thanks - I was hoping so I walked out in the rain to see if that was the case.

My rear passenger door has a child lock button but nothing else. The (front - which has the problem) passenger door doesn't even have a child lock button.

I will keep my ears open to see if anyone can come up with the part number - which may be the relay located on the drivers door.

Thanks again

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
So what do you need part numbers for, the drivers switch or the HVAC control doohicky or both? They just didn't want to get out the mircofiche (sp?) and look up the numbers, lazy fucks. I'll tell you what, there are few people worse than a $tealership parts department guy. They're like DMV people, no matter where you go, they suck. I take that back, a guy that used to help me at a MAzda $tealership was pretty helpful. The guy at my Nissan dealer looks like he's about to pass out or slit his wrists. I don't mind making him do his job. I like a challenge, you let me know what parts and I'll get you part numbers. Give me your Vin though, cuz this guy is going to ask me for it, he'll say, "Anything trim or interior, gotta have a VIN" :rolleyes: You could always e-mail that guy down at mossy or courtesy nissan, those guys help us out pretty good from what I've heard. I'd give you the URL's but when I did a search for them over at the SR20DEforum, when I click on thread it doesn't pop up. Big surprise there. :rolleyes: Anyway, Let me know. That drivers window switch control is all one assembly though isn't it? I don't expect it to be cheap, I'm guessing at least $60.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here it is

The relay or switch wich sits on the drivers door and which controls the passengers side power window.

Also the Motor which is activated when you choose which vents the air will come from. I can't get out right now from work cuz its raining here in NY and I need to get down to get to see if they have any visible numbers.

My car is out in the open so I have to wait to see when I can get under the dash.

Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
how many relays totally

hi

i have a similar 92 sentra 1.6 all auto power gxe.

three months back, sometimes the power windows and locks would go out for a day once in a week.

now for the past 3 weeks, its gone completely.

previously i used to hear relays activating when i used the power in the door and windows. so i want to know how many relays are there totally for the power operation.

thanks
mk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not sure

My problem was not solved, I kind of kept it in the back burner.

I have noticed the following on my car: teh seat belt light was on for 3 days and then it went away. Also, the cruise control stop working for 2 days and then it started working again.

A friend who had an older sentra said that they do suffer from electrical problems after a while - for him they were so much that he changed his car. He told me, its a chain reaction, one the first thing happens, the whole car tends to have problems. I am starting to see that but I will wait a little longer before I change my car.

In you case what I can recomment is buy the small diagnostics tool (sometimes in the autopart places for $20.) and run a diagnostics to make sure its nothing serious, if not take it to a mechanic u trust to see what they can tell you.

The chilton's manual tells you how many and where the relays are but I do not own the book - I had it for my previous car and they are very complete.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Chances are they used modules that have built in relays, but it typically takes two relays per window and two relays total for the power lock system, so 10 relays total for the power windows and locks on a 4 door car. You could have a bad switch or bad connection MK. Everything starts at the driver's control switch, so if things aren't working, that's the place to start.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Same problem

I also have a '92 GXE and I have had the same problem, except that my window will roll up, but that is all it will do. If I push the button up or down it just goes up. I also have the same issue with the HVAC and related controls. From what I've experienced the motors are okay in my case, but they just don't like to switch right away, which may be a problem with the HVAC itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How wouldI know what part to replace?

Since I can only think of the relay on the drivers dorr, how do I figure what is the part number so I can call and get it - or how can I tell if its on the actual door?

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeh i have a 98 nissan sentra and my driver side window will only go down when it feels like it ..which i really hate b/c were in louisiana and one day its hot one day its cold and i really wish i knew how to fix this problem...i was guessing it's the switch considering the window will actually go down but only when it wants. If anyone knows how to clean the switches let me know...or actually how to take the switch apart properly lol i would appreciate that . thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
only goes UP when it feels like it

My rear pass window only goes down. It used to be intermittent, but now it just won't go up. I took the door panel off so i could try to manually put it up, what with our inclement weather here. So, what I found out is there's this little yellow box where the wires come in to plug in (it's removable). I determined through pressing the up & down switches alternately, and listening , that the motor works, but there must be something wrong with the little yellow box. So, my advice to you is to see if it's your little box, too. As far as cleaning relays, they are on that box, too. but what makes you think that it's the relays? That whole area is enclosed from any outside stuff getting in. After reading some of the other posts, I'm going ot the junkyard to see if I can find this little yellow box in some other Maximas. I checked w/ rock auto (autoparts guys) and they don't stock the box....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts