Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im debating on whether or not to switch my electric provider from TXU to a new electric provider my apartment complex is offer called first choice.

as of right now my rate with TXU is $0.000418 per Metered kwh

and the First Choice is saying that their rates is $11.14 cents per kWh (per 1000 Kwh/month + a monthly fee )

there are also choices like Direct Energy and Reliant Energy ..

TXU has been kinda raping me with their rates and i want to find another provider that cheaper for electric.

if any of you guys can help that be greatly appreciated for im trying to cut cost so more money i can use for more important things such as family stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
find someone that works for txu and use their discount... i get 50% off my electric bill cause my dad has worked for txu for like 30 years :thumbup:

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Sorry I can't help...I've only paid Garland Power and Light in the years I had to pay.
all other electric companies besides Garland P&L said:
We are not able to offer you electricity service at this time because your municipality or cooperative has not elected to participate in the Texas Electric Choice Plan. To learn more about this plan, visit www.puc.state.tx.us....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I switched to Reliant a while back, mainly because they offered me a $50 credit. Had a few billing issues, but other than that nothing major. I don't think you will notice an appreciable price difference though. Best thing to do to save electricity: Turn off unneeded devices, lights etc. Open the blinds and let the natural light in! Also, don't use the heater on the dishwasher---that thing drinks current and still leaves the dishes wet. :thumbup:

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
t56gen3 said:
I switched to Reliant a while back, mainly because they offered me a $50 credit. Had a few billing issues, but other than that nothing major. I don't think you will notice an appreciable price difference though. Best thing to do to save electricity: Turn off unneeded devices, lights etc. Open the blinds and let the natural light in! Also, don't use the heater on the dishwasher---that thing drinks current and still leaves the dishes wet. :thumbup:
YEAH... TAKE IT FROM MISTER NANNY :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts