Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a set of fans from what I"m told was an 85 Sentra. Problem I am having is wiring them up. There are 4 wires going to each fan. 2 go in 1 spot, 2 in another. Can someone explain how these are wired up? I've run the black wire & a 12 volt source to every one of them and can't get it to run at all. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
there probably is 2 wires going directly to the fan motor, a power and a ground, the other two may be for a thermostat that tells the fan when to turn on and off, you can either wire the fans to a switch that you control or you can buy a seperate thermostatic relay control kit, or wire the fans into the stock wiring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no stock wiring, this is going into my hotrodded Chevissan (92 Hardbody frame). Anyone have the wiring diagrams from their Haynes manual handy? Maybe that would help.

·
Nissan No More
1,904 Posts
JhnBrackett said:
I've got a set of fans from what I"m told was an 85 Sentra. Problem I am having is wiring them up. There are 4 wires going to each fan. 2 go in 1 spot, 2 in another. Can someone explain how these are wired up? I've run the black wire & a 12 volt source to every one of them and can't get it to run at all. Thanks for any help.

Two wires are power/ground and the other two go to a temperature switch. You can just fuse the two temp. switch leads and then use whatever method you want to control power to the other two leads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts