Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Nissan Fanatic since 1999
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know how to correct the california lift on our cars. My front end is higher than the back end. I have about 2-3 inches between the tire and the wheel in the front. Anyone have a suggestion, and NO i cannot afford the coil overs!

·
Registered
670 Posts
someone posted that H&R springs have a 1.5" drop in front and 1.4" drop in back. That should help. Not sure how good they are but according to website 20-30% stiffer than stock.

·
Banned
809 Posts
I am not sure about dropping cars...
I am interested in dropping my car, but im worried about if i get 16 inch with like 205/40/16 tires.. rubbing, i dont want my stuff to rub, expectially when i get me and my gurl in the car.. im just kinda worried about that.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Unless you and your girl weigh around 1000 lbs., drop your car 2 inches, and do a 60 mph 70 degree turn I don't think 16 inch wheels should rub....

·
Registered
249 Posts
The problem is that the wheel wells are cut higher in the front. If you look at the bottom of your car it is level.

Your worried about 16's you should see my car with 19's.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Man, 19'S.. oh yea, i remember, gosh, your on hydrolic/bag's arent you? i forgot the name of that style.. lol.. man, i bet your car rubs uncountable amount of times, unless your like a 100lb asian man, or some under-nourished white man.. lol! j/k if you are ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
there's several people that have a 2" drop with 18's and have no rubbing, even in U-turns. take it as you want.

you'll have no problem though.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
99.se.ltd said:
and B&G springs are supposed to drop 2" front/1.7" rear....i'll find out in a week or 2.
Those were only a special set...the regular B&Gs drop 1.5" all around.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Has anyone tried contacting Eibach sales dept to see if you can get springs that will do 2" in the front and 1.5" in the back? I know they offer springs in different rates such as 300lbs. or 350lbs. Maybe they do the same for height?

N

·
0 Posts
When I put my eibachs on I called and tried to get two diff sizes but had no luck....... The fender gap is just something that's there. I know there a lot of people that put the pro kit on the back and the sportline on the front.... This helps it look a little more evan in the fenders but then when you look at how level the car is as a whole it will be slightly off by a bit......

S

·
0 Posts
i have 16's with 205/40/16 with the eibach springs. they were really high in the front so i cut one of the coils off. it looks better than it was and still has good ride handling because i bought kyb gr2 struts also

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
andre said:
Those were only a special set...the regular B&Gs drop 1.5" all around.
Yup, you had to get them through Nis-Knacks.
I'm pretty sure I was the last recipiant of them.

I bet the ride on the 1.5inch drop from the B&G's will be really nice.

·
Registered
236 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
Yup, you had to get them through Nis-Knacks.
I'm pretty sure I was the last recipiant of them.

I bet the ride on the 1.5inch drop from the B&G's will be really nice.
yeah, i'm sure they will too. possible install day is saturday. any tips/writeups online? figured i'd ask since you've done it. never had to mess with suspension before this.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Unless you have a spring compressor, I would pay to have a shop do it.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
Unless you have a spring compressor, I would pay to have a shop do it.
Not necessarily...a friend of mine and I did mine 3 weeks ago without a compressor.....of course we had to do a little improvising....but we did it without a compressor. ;) Then again, he had prior experience with installing his own set before.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Safety First

andre said:
Not necessarily...a friend of mine and I did mine 3 weeks ago without a compressor.....of course we had to do a little improvising....but we did it without a compressor. ;) Then again, he had prior experience with installing his own set before.
Are you sure you can say that?? I think it is very important to use spring compressor for safety reason. Doing the strut work without a compressor could be "VERY" dangerous. I know you meant "It could be done without " but, some people could missunderstand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts