Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about stock specv struts with the prokit springs? you think the struts will hold up?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i highly doubt that eibach would make springs softer than the ones they were replacing. maybe the initial rate is smaller because it is a progressive spring, i don't have experience with eibach's and sentra's, but i do have prokits on my 98 240 and i'm very happy with them. if the SpecV has stiffer shocks than the other sentra's, i would say you'd probably be ok for a while. but the wear will be accelerated. eibach makes great products, i would give them more credit than that.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
serspecv2002 said:
what do you guys think about stock specv struts with the prokit springs? you think the struts will hold up?

The stock Spec-V springs are stiffer than the B15 Pro-Kits. It would make your car handle worse.

The spec v is 375 in/lbs rear, 325 in/lbs front.

Mike

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well over the weekend i talk to someone that has the prokits in his car and he said they road better than stock (he has a specv by the way) he said the ride was really good. but thanx for the feedback

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey morepower.....got a link to where you found out the stock spring rates?

you have to admit, that is awfully stiff for OEM

·
Driver
736 Posts
serspecv2002 said:
well over the weekend i talk to someone that has the prokits in his car and he said they road better than stock (he has a specv by the way) he said the ride was really good. but thanx for the feedback
Of course a smooth ride isn't an indicator of improved handling. Was the handling improved?

·
Platinum
462 Posts
another interesting discussion.

Why did company like Eibach decided to make crappy springs? They didn't do enough research when they developed new SE-R springs? It is sad, if what I said was the truth. What is the OEM spring rate on SE-R Spec-V? Anyways, I really like to test those springs and feel the difference. Same time, some of the people are happy with Spec-V Pro-kit set up. Maybe they didn't quite know what they were talking about? or maybe they are good.... hmmm... I want to see the truth.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Re: Re: eibach prokits

morepower2 said:

The spec v is 375 in/lbs rear, 325 in/lbs front.

Mike
Thats the stock spring rate for SpecV? whoa!... would they be a great upgrade for any B15 platform including SE and SE-R?

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
serspecv2002 said:
Yeah they would ride softer because they are! I guess he does not care that his car now handles worse.

Mike

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Re: another interesting discussion.

CarbonBlack200 said:
Why did company like Eibach decided to make crappy springs? They didn't do enough research when they developed new SE-R springs? It is sad, if what I said was the truth. What is the OEM spring rate on SE-R Spec-V? Anyways, I really like to test those springs and feel the difference. Same time, some of the people are happy with Spec-V Pro-kit set up. Maybe they didn't quite know what they were talking about? or maybe they are good.... hmmm... I want to see the truth.
They developed the springs for the SE B15 a couple of years ago, before the SE-R came out. Maybe they will come out with an SE-R spring soon. It is not Eibachs fault.

Mike

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Re: Re: Re: eibach prokits

By Nature said:

Thats the stock spring rate for SpecV? whoa!... would they be a great upgrade for any B15 platform including SE and SE-R?
The Springs, shocks and Rear beam axle which has a much stiffer rear torsion tube would be a good upgrade for an older SE B15.

Mike

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
Are the beams similar enough between the b14/b15 to add any (beam or springs)of the b15 stuff to a b14. Since hyperco is ingnoring the b14, maybe the b15 springs would work?

·
Registered
351 Posts
peter96 said:
Since hyperco is ingnoring the b14...
Right on man! I feel so jealous for b13 guys... but since B15 can use B14 shocks/struts can B14 use anything from SpecV?

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
peter96 said:
Are the beams similar enough between the b14/b15 to add any (beam or springs)of the b15 stuff to a b14. Since hyperco is ingnoring the b14, maybe the b15 springs would work?
The B15 springs are way different in shape than the B14. The AGX/GC combo is the best bet with a B14, use the B13 front AGX on the B14, it is 1 inch shorter so you get back some wheel travel you loose with lowering.

Mike

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
use the B13 front AGX on the B14, it is 1 inch shorter so you get back some wheel travel you loose with lowering.
So you guys were able to test, and confirm this?..I heard you were working on it..this is a nice little plus..thanks for the info

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: eibach prokits

morepower2 said:

The Springs, shocks and Rear beam axle which has a much stiffer rear torsion tube would be a good upgrade for an older SE B15.

Mike
Ohh.. I see. That explains.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry for what may be a stupid question, but if I put b13 front agx's on my b14 with stock springs, would the ride height be effected?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts